The Russian Church St. Nikolay is located in the centre of Sofia, at the intersection of Rakovska and Tsar Osvoboditel streets. It is one of the most remarkable buildings in Sofia. It was built in the period between 1907 and 1914.
The wall paintings are works of Russian artists, under the directions of Vasiliy Perminov. Five small domes of the church are covered in gold, and the bells were donated by the Russian Emperor Nikolay II.
The grave of Archbishop Seraphim Sobolev is laid in the temple crypt. The archbishop was considered a miracle maker by many orthodox Christians. Even nowadays many people write letters to him, asking for help, and leave the letters near his grave, believing that he will help them.